Dr MacLeod is approved by the MCA to provide Seafarer ENG1 medicals. This is offered to both registered and non-registered patients at the practice.
If you need to have an ENG1 medical please ensure that you have had a dental checkup within the previous 12 months prior to making your ENG1 appointment.
The appointment takes approximately 1 hour and costs £95 (cash or cheque only accepted) and is payable even if you do not attend. If your employer is paying, we will need confirmation of this from them. The first part of your appointment is with a Nurse or HCA, who will undertake all of the basic checks, including the hearing tests. It is recommended that you avoid exposure to loud noise for 16 hours before the appointment.
When you attend for your appointment, you will need to bring:
- previous ENG1 Medical Certificates (unless this is your 1st)
- photographic identification
- spectacles if you wear them (if you wear contact lenses these should be removed prior to the appointment to allow your eyes to settle for their unaided visual acuity test)
If not registered at Portree Medical Centre, you will also need to bring details of any:
- medication that you take;
- letters, discharge information or test results related to any medical treatment since your last medical.
Alternatively with your consent we can contact your registered practice a obtain this information directly from them.
If your certificate was issued by Dr MacLeod, you may be able to obtain a duplicate. There is a £40 fee for this.