This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Where To Get Help and Advice

For minor illnesses and ailments, you can visit the NHS website for more information on various conditions.

Alternatively, the local pharmacy can also offer advice on minor ailments.  The local pharmacy is Boots the Chemist, on Wentworth Street.


NHS Inform

NHS inform ( is Scotland's dedicated resource offering up-to-date facts on health, services and campaigns.  It also has a wealth of information available online, over the telephone or via web chat:

-    tests and treatments
-    illnesses and conditions
-    injuries
-    healthy living (including stopping smoking, screening and keeping active)
-    care, support and health rights


Dental Problems

If you are experiencing dental problems and are not registered with a dentist, please contact NHS Highland Emergency Dental Service on 0845 644 2271.  If you need dental help out-of-hours, contact NHS24 on 111.  Information on NHS dental helpline can be found here.

Local dentists:

Portree NHS Dentist:  01478 614220

Portree Dental Care:  01478 614218

Dunvegan Dental Clinic:  01470 521774

Old Sick Bay Dental Practice, Kyle:  01599 534726

Skye & Lochalsh Dental Practice, Kyle:  01599 534552

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website